Photography Quickies with Serge Ramelli: My 6 Best Tips to Make Awesome Long Exposure Photographs at Night
Published Jan 10, 2015 by: Serge Ramelli
In this episode landscape photographer Serge Ramelli show us his 6 best tips for taking great long exposure photographs during the night:
1. Shoot without using an ND filter after sunset. ND filters alter the color of your photos and when you already have nice colors you don’t want that 🙂
2. A 25 second exposure time is a good time to have nice water and clouds and this can be achieved without a remote.
3. Shoot 3 different exposures with the timer at: 8, 15 and 25 seconds and decide which you like best.
4. Shoot after sunset in the direction where the sun went below the horizon, you will get a nicer sky.
5. Make sure you have clouds and water in your photo, this will make the DRAMA!
6. Be in the position where the wind is pushing the clouds toward you, I know it is not easy, but the result is cool!